Welcome to another episode of 3-Minute Marketing, the world’s only podcast that interviews today’s top growth marketing leaders and distills their insights into three-minute blocks of brilliance for your listening pleasure.
Today’s guest is Tom Kuhr, CMO of Greenfly, a digital media monetization platform for sports teams, leagues, and associations. Tom has had a wonderful career helping multiple software brands grow over the years.
Tom is a big proponent of the idea that “the sale never ends”, particularly in SaaS marketing. So my question for him was, “As marketers, what can we do to not only retain our current customers but also turn them into advocates for our brand?”.
- The sale never ends at a SaaS company. The initial sale is just the start. It’s the introduction to the customer and it gets you into their environment, but you’re really there to continue growing.
- The first sale is always going to be much less than that customer is worth to the company in the end.
- Create a sales overlay department within your customer success team, with their only job being to create sales plans for customers and arrange meetings to show the customer the value you’re providing.
- You can double or triple your revenue in a year by having a quarterly business review with your customer and showing them how impactful your software is.
- The more targeted you are to a persona and their immediate buying group, the faster the sale goes. The more you can educate the team of 5-10 people who will make the buying decision, the more valuable the sale ultimately is.