Today’s guest was voted a Top 3 Marketer on LinkedIn and was recognized as a 2020 Top 10 SaaS Branding Expert.
He is an award-winning content creator and keynote speaker that helps businesses drive measurable results through social media. Darryl Praill is the Chief Marketing Officer at Agorapulse.
Book a 30 minute call
Reserve 30 minutes with a strategist and get 30 hours worth of value.
Darryl shares why your team’s culture is so important, why defining success is imperative, and how a CMO really thinks about growing a company.
- The key to succeeding as a marketing leader is organizational culture. You need to make sure that every individual on your team is in the right seat. They need to understand their job, want to do their job, and be capable of doing their job.
- As a leader, you need to hold your team accountable. If team members aren’t meeting expectations, they need to face the consequences right away. The longer you delay the consequences, the longer you tell everyone else that it’s acceptable to miss those goals.
- It is imperative to communicate your expectations to employees in a measurable and trackable way. Make sure to define the metrics by which you judge success. For example, market share could be measured in multiple ways, so which metric matters?
- Have a “sanity check” with employees at the halfway point of a project or initiative. This way, if an employee is not on track to reach the goal, you can provide corrective behaviors for them while there’s still time to make a change and reach the goal.
- Your CMO wants to know how you impacted the company’s bottom line because that’s how the company is measured. They don’t care how many leads you generated, they care how many of those leads became paying customers.
- Make sure that you can track everything you do back to its impact on a company goal. Use this when discussing priorities and goals with other marketing leaders within your company.
Quote of the Show:
- “Our job as leaders is to translate how those small, often seeming inconsequential, elements of your daily job impact the organization’s goal.” – Darryl Praill
Connect With Darryl:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrylpraill/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ohpinion8ted
- Company website: https://www.agorapulse.com/
- Personal website: https://www.darrylpraill.com/
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- Lemlist – Cold Outreach Software
- Guillaume Moubeche – Founder & CEO of Lempire and Lemlist
- Sangram Vajre – Go-To-Market Thought leader
- Dan Disney – Social Selling and LinkedIn Influencer
- Blue Ocean Strategy by Renée Mauborgne and W. Chan Kim
- Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey Moore
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music:https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/5f9c8c1a-fbf5-43c7-b7eb-958674860156/3-minute-marketing-with-chris-mechanic
- Apple Podcast:https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/3-minute-marketing-with-chris-mechanic/id1444680950
- Google Podcast:https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tb3JlbWFya2V0aW5nLmxpYnN5bi5jb20vcnNz
- Listen Notes:https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/3-minute-marketing-with-chris-mechanic-rdU1oESluqs/