You need to protect your brand, which costs money but you’re overpaying!
Matt LeBaron is the Founder and CEO of Revvim. He’s a database architect turned growth marketer that has been involved in online startups since 1997.
In this episode, you’ll learn how to protect your brand better while spending less (particularly on search ads), how to combat conquest campaigns, and what new martech tools can be doing for your company.
Book a 30 minute call
Reserve 30 minutes with a strategist and get 30 hours worth of value.
- Companies are spending way too much money on brand search. While you do need to protect your brand from competitors, because of the current technology available, you don’t have to spend as much.
- There is a large gap between the new marketing tech that is available and the solutions that marketers know are available.
- Competitors can and will run conquest campaigns at random times against your brand and you need to have a way to detect and combat them with your own ads.
- While your competitors can’t use your brand’s trademarked assets in Google Ads, they are still able to bid on any keywords they want. When competitors are bidding on your brand, you need to make sure you have ads running to block those.
- When you stop bidding on keywords because of a brand sensitivity test, competitors will sneak in and start bidding on them so you need to monitor the ad space.
- Even if you had the best engineers and they created a great tool, if you can’t productize it so people can simply and easily use it, then the product is done for.
- You don’t need a formal education to learn, especially now with so much amazing content available on YouTube.
Quote of the Show:
- “You’ve got everything you need to build a career on YouTube” – Matt LeBaron
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- The Prince by Machiavelli
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattlebaron/
- Company website: https://revvim.com/
Ways to tune in:
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/5f9c8c1a-fbf5-43c7-b7eb-958674860156/3-minute-marketing-with-chris-mechanic
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/3-minute-marketing-with-chris-mechanic/id1444680950
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1OCuYchAG8TlGv82YARRhy?si=c4050290cbb54c65
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tb3JlbWFya2V0aW5nLmxpYnN5bi5jb20vcnNz
- Listen Notes: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/3-minute-marketing-with-chris-mechanic-rdU1oESluqs/
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/BKYokoCQaa0
Matt LeBaronCEO, Revvim
Chris MechanicCEO & Co-Founder
Most newsletters suck...
So while we technically have to call this a daily newsletter so people know what it is, it's anything but.
You won't find any 'industry standards' or 'guru best practices' here - only the real stuff that actually moves the needle.