Thank you for you time, attention, and participation during our talk at the High Rock Marketing Summit.
As promised, please find your action item takeaways listed below.
Know thy keywords
- Generate list using Google Keyword Tool
- Export to CSV, grab only keywords & local volume
- Open this spreadsheet.
- File > Make a Copy
- Put your keywords & local volume in appropriate slots
- Add dates, categories & subcategories as desired (makes filtering easy for large lists)
- Mark the ones you’re targeting already via SEO
- Mark the ones you’re targeting already via PPC
- Grab ranks (use Microsite Masters or Firefox rank checker)
- Revisit & update at least once every 6 weeks
Get your GOOOOOOOAAALLSS set up
- Locate the goals section of analytics
- Click one of the “+ Goal” links
- Choose the “URL destination” radio button
- Enter the path to your thank you page (eg. “/contact/thank-you”)
- Press Save
If you have questions about the other fields, see Google’s documentation… or just call us: 888-WEB-NUM1
Make your online listings work for you
- Listings usually need to be claimed first, try GetListed.org
- Once you’ve verified ownership, fill out your listing
- Most have something like “Categories” or “Keywords” (fill this out as completely & accurately as possible)
- Try to use the same exact name, address & phone each time
- If you have multiple locations, setup a listing for each
- Add keyword-focused description language & imagery where possible
- Imagery & other rich media are particularly effective (especially when you continually update and add more)
- Try a service like KnowEm to get your social profiles claimed
- Now solicit reviews from your happy customers
Final step: Sit back and enjoy the fruits of your search marketing efforts 🙂
Most newsletters suck...
So while we technically have to call this a daily newsletter so people know what it is, it's anything but.
You won't find any 'industry standards' or 'guru best practices' here - only the real stuff that actually moves the needle.