Today on 3-Minute Marketing, we’re trying something a little bit different.
In this solo episode, Chris is going to talk you through a 3-Minute Marketing “growth hack” that you can take and apply in your marketing straight away.
The hack for this episode is all about how you can build the perfect list of prospects or accounts using technographics. Chris is going to show you a Chrome extension you can use to find out what technologies your best potential customers are using and what they have in common so that you can build perfect list of dream customers to go after.
If you’re a marketer at a business that wants to grow faster, you’re going to love this episode… especially if you’re a B2B company.
- Best practice: whenever you’re building a list that’s based on technographics, you can’t just rely on data sources like ZoomInfo. Always check the websites to confirm they’re running the technology you’re targeting.
- There’s a really cool ad blocker Chrome extension called Ghostery that allows you to do this.
- Once you install it, disable the ad blocking feature. Then click on the Ghostery icon on your extensions list to see all the technologies any website or webpage you visit is using.
- You can use this to build a list of companies you want to target by reverse engineering your dream customers from the technologies they (and only they) use on their website.
- Visit the website of one of your best customers (e.g. home services) and use Ghostery to see what tools they’re using. Then search for these tools in your data provider (like ZoomInfo or BuiltWith).
- WebMechanix identified a technology a client was using called “TVSquared“. We then built a list of companies that used this tool and reached out via email. We’ve landed several dream clients thanks to this tactic alone.