« More Insights
Welcome to 3-Minute Marketing, where we talk to leaders in the growth & performance marketing space & hem down their best insights to create the highest value-per-minute marketing podcast on the planet.
My guest Sujan Patel is a serial entrepreneur & brilliant growth marketer. As Co-Founder at Mailshake, he’s helping companies leverage the power of sales engagement & automation technology to fill their pipelines & hit their goals.
My question for Sujan is, “What are some different ways marketers can leverage automated email to crush their KPIs & generate more leads & sales?”
- Time is money when is comes to leads — but if you use marketing automation software, your email looks like it came from a robot, not a human.
- Instead of using a one-to-many tool to follow up with hot leads, use a one-to-one tool so it looks like it’s coming from a real person.
- If someone joins your webinar or downloads your eBook, don’t just enroll them in a generic sequence from a generic company email (like [email protected]) — you can still automate it, but get them connected to an actual sales rep (e.g. [email protected]).
- The results when you take this one-to-one approach? Better open rate & response rate.
- Leads are getting more expensive across the board, so optimizing how effectively you work your leads is key to making up the difference.
- After your prospect gets a demo of your product, enroll them in a 1-to-1 drip from the sales rep focused on adding more value.
- The problem with marketing automation tools is you’re talking at somebody vs. to somebody. Sometimes, encouraging a bit of back & forth can be a very good thing.
- Can’t think of what email to send to your prospects? Send them something of value — content you’re already creating, etc. — or ask them a question.
Sujan PatelCo-Founder at Mailshake
Chris MechanicCEO & Co-Founder