Today’s guest is a longtime B2B SaaS marketer who has amassed some impressive wins throughout his career.
Ben Slater is the SVP of Marketing at Beamery and of the company’s now 400+ employees, he was the sixth employee hired, what a wild ride!
Book a 30 minute call
Reserve 30 minutes with a strategist and get 30 hours worth of value.
Ben and Host Chris Mechanic dive into the power of telling big stories, why organizational alignment is so important to successful integrated marketing campaigns, and the impact of using clear messages in your marketing.
- The secret to effective marketing is telling a big story across all marketing channels with a single consistent message. This is key to running a successful integrated campaign strategy. This also helps in avoiding random acts of marketing and ensures a focused and impactful message.
- Build your marketing strategy upon a single, clear message that aligns with the overall strategy of your company. This message should address the market shift and existential threat your customers face, capturing the attention of CEOs and decision-makers.
- Leverage Account-Based Marketing to personalize experiences for key accounts and ensure effective alignment with the sales team. This approach can result in higher ROI and stronger engagement.
- Ensure that all departments within the organization understand the campaign message and can articulate it. This alignment will create a cohesive and powerful narrative across the entire company.
- Identify the changing skill requirements in your industry and focus on upskilling and developing your workforce accordingly. This helps in staying ahead of market trends and improving efficiency. Investing in your team strengthens your company’s ability to compete.
- Successful campaigns require commitment and consistency. It may take six to twelve months, or even longer, to truly make an impact and change market perception.
Quote of the Show:
- “The secret is telling a big story through a unified and integrated campaign strategy with a single consistent message across all channels.” – Ben Slater
- The Path to Power: by Robert Caro
- Not Fade Away: A Short Life Well Lived by Laurence Shames and Peter Barton
- Outlive: by Peter Attia
Ways to Tune In:
Most newsletters suck...
So while we technically have to call this a daily newsletter so people know what it is, it's anything but.
You won't find any 'industry standards' or 'guru best practices' here - only the real stuff that actually moves the needle.