It’s too easy to get disconnected from the core processes of a company as it grows, but it’s imperative that you stay in contact with that baseline and the people carrying out the processes.
Today’s guest is a master performance marketer and entrepreneur who had built and sold multiple companies by the age of 33. Josh Harris is the Founder of Agency Growth Secrets and a veritable fountain of knowledge. Josh explains the importance of establishing your baseline, what effective management looks like in scaling companies, and where the future of marketing is headed.
Book a 30 minute call
Reserve 30 minutes with a strategist and get 30 hours worth of value.
- It’s crucial to establish a strong baseline understanding of what your role is in order to become competent enough at something to excel beyond the standard. When you move away from this competency, issues arise from a lack of competency or process change.
- When you become disconnected from the processes and operations of the company, the best way to learn about how to fix problems is to go and work directly with the people involved in the processes. This gives you a 360-degree view of the problems.
- While it’s important for executives to buy their time back, they should also be looking for ways to buy their employees’ time back.
- The two keys to reconnecting with the baseline are to establish a culture where you are investing in your employees’ success and to shadow their work.
- If you empower your employees to troubleshoot issues before escalating them to you, you’ll find there are very few things coming across your desk.
- A few ways to shadow your employees include physically watching them work, watching their shared screen through Zoom, and using screen recording software.
- When observing your employees, it’s important to emphasize that you’re sold on them as a person and that you’re just trying to optimize their workflow.
Quote of the Show:
- “Yesterday’s advantage is today’s prerequisite to success” – Josh Harris
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/agency-training/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joshharrislife/?hl=en
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/joshharrislife
- Company website: https://aisales.systems/
- Company website: https://aigrowthsecrets.com/
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss
Ways to tune in:
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/5f9c8c1a-fbf5-43c7-b7eb-958674860156/3-minute-marketing-with-chris-mechanic
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/3-minute-marketing-with-chris-mechanic/id1444680950
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1OCuYchAG8TlGv82YARRhy?si=c4050290cbb54c65
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tb3JlbWFya2V0aW5nLmxpYnN5bi5jb20vcnNz
- Listen Notes: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/3-minute-marketing-with-chris-mechanic-rdU1oESluqs/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_aCsWSNufk
Josh HarrisPerformance Marketer, Serial Entrepreneur
Chris MechanicCEO & Co-Founder
Most newsletters suck...
So while we technically have to call this a daily newsletter so people know what it is, it's anything but.
You won't find any 'industry standards' or 'guru best practices' here - only the real stuff that actually moves the needle.