Today’s guest is a marketing leader with over 20 years of experience. She’s built 3 marketing departments from 0 to 40 employees.
She enjoys innovating marketing strategies and thinking outside the box to meet customers where they are. Martha Aviles is the CMO of Aventus which provides Blockchain-as-a-Service for mid-market enterprises.
Book a 30 minute call
Reserve 30 minutes with a strategist and get 30 hours worth of value.
Martha joins Host Chris Mechanic to explain how to mitigate risk with marketing by building a marketing ecosystem, testing what is counterintuitive, and both repurposing content and tracking.
Through mitigating risk in these three ways, marketers gain a broader perspective that emphasizes a blend of strategy, creativity, and patience in carrying out successful marketing endeavors.
- A diverse marketing ecosystem that leverages different channels ensures you can reach your customers from various touchpoints. Building such an ecosystem mitigates risk as it doesn’t depend on any single platform’s performance.
- Marketers need to maintain an open mind towards experimentation, even testing seemingly wacky ideas. These could be new channels or different tactics which might seem counterintuitive but could potentially open doors to new customer segments.
- Make the most of your content by repurposing it across various formats. This enhances its reach but also optimizes the resources invested in creating it. A webinar, for example, can be converted into blog posts, short video clips, infographics, and much more, thereby stretching its utility and engagement potential.
- It’s crucial for leadership to give marketing strategies time to bear fruit. Immediate results should not be the end-all and be-all, recognizing that sometimes initiatives could have a long-term payout.
- A marketer’s job is not only to execute strategies but also to educate others in the organization about what they do and why it matters. This fosters a more cooperative and understanding work environment.
- Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing serve as stabilizing factors for businesses dealing with an unpredictable market.
Quote of the Show:
- “Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn” – Martha Aviles
Ways to Tune In:
Most newsletters suck...
So while we technically have to call this a daily newsletter so people know what it is, it's anything but.
You won't find any 'industry standards' or 'guru best practices' here - only the real stuff that actually moves the needle.