Today’s guest is an award-winning B2B SaaS Marketing Leader and an outspoken advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. Sarah Reynolds is the Chief Marketing Officer at HiBob.
Book a 30 minute call
Reserve 30 minutes with a strategist and get 30 hours worth of value.
Sarah discussed the benefits of incorporating inclusivity into your marketing and how to frame it when talking with key internal stakeholders. They also share tips for using inclusive language in marketing and how small considerations can make a big impact.
- Inclusive marketing is an important part of widening your company’s audience. Use inclusive language and maximize accessibility to make your brand more appealing to diverse groups.
- B2B buyers and decision-makers are becoming more diverse than ever before, so it’s imperative that your brand and messaging feel welcoming to everyone.
- Intersectionality and inclusivity in marketing are a journey, not a destination, and should be reflected in company culture and product representation. Prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in both personal and professional settings.
- Bringing your authentic self to work can free up mental space and help you perform better at your job, but prioritize emotional and physical safety when deciding whether to share who you truly are. Being a visible leader can greatly impact the experience of coworkers.
- Standing out in a crowded marketplace requires creativity, diversity, and brand activation. HR tech companies should prioritize the employee experience and create a positive work environment.
- Inclusive language and accessibility are important aspects of optimizing your content and website for SEO. Use language that is inclusive and accessible to widen your audience and make your brand more appealing to diverse groups.
- Disconnecting during paid time off is important for your mental health and self-improvement. Set clear boundaries for team members and prioritize disconnecting to recharge and avoid burnout.
Quote of the Show:
- “Inclusive Marketing is smart marketing” – Sarah Reynolds
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarahlizreynolds/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fairpaymonster
- Company website: https://www.hibob.com/
- Kill James Bond – Podcast
- Alice Caldwell-Kelly – Co-Host of Kill James Bond
- Abigail Thorn – Co-Host of Kill James Bond
- Devon – Co-Host of Kill James Bond
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music:https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7334aa0c-702a-47aa-8c55-760fa2cf4dda/the-revenue-driven-cmo
- Apple Podcast:https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-revenue-driven-cmo/id1638785560
- Google Podcast:https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tb3JlbWFya2V0aW5nLmxpYnN5bi5jb20vcnNz
- Listen Notes:https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/3-minute-marketing-with-chris-mechanic-rdU1oESluqs/
Most newsletters suck...
So while we technically have to call this a daily newsletter so people know what it is, it's anything but.
You won't find any 'industry standards' or 'guru best practices' here - only the real stuff that actually moves the needle.