How to Share your Data with a Google Analytics Specialist
Google sent an email to their Analytics admins today which gave instructions on how to change your account settings to allow for their “account specialists” to view your data.
All things equal, this is awesome! — If an account specialist actually looks at the data & gives you actionable advice, as the email stated.
Not being a skeptic here.. I just wonder how they choose which accounts to review:
- Is there an algorithm that brings certain accounts to the top of their list?
- Will they utilize the Analytics Intelligence feature to come up with ideas?
- Is this just a way for Google to ensure they have their butts covered if they want to look at/share your data?
OR – is it one step closer to them using Google Analytics data in their ranking algorithm!?
That’s my long standing theory, simply because it makes so much sense. I imagine they would like to use engagement metrics as part of their ranking algorithm.. and Analytics provides just that.
We will keep an eye on this to see how it progresses. For now, if you have a Google Analytics specialist contact you, please let me know about it (super curious)!
How to share your data with a Google Analytics specialist
They made this pretty easy (unlike deleting an analytics property):
- Open your Google Analytics.
- Click on the “Home” button in the upper left to get to the main account screen.
- Click on the “Admin” button in the upper right to get to the settings.
- Choose the account you want to share.
- Click the “Account Settings” tab (blue link)
- Select the “Account specialists” checkbox and click “Apply”
Happy data mining 🙂