*This job is eligible for fully remote*
👋In case we've never met before, we're WebMechanix - an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Columbia, MD. We develop and manage high-impact performance marketing programs for over 60+ clients, whether that be through a lead generation campaign, search engine optimization, nurturing prospects and enabling sales, creating compelling ads, improving user experience, or creating and deploying custom technical solutions.
As a Digital Marketing Strategist, your primary responsibility is to leverage digital marketing techniques to create business results for WebMechanix & its clients. You are expected to have working experience in the Digital Marketing space and to apply that knowledge with minimal oversight. While some of the work in your competencies is done independently, some projects or deliverables will be done with the aid of subject matter experts and team members from other departments.
Here's what you'll do
- Research the client’s industry, business, and keywords to understand their space and suggest tactics and strategies to drive performance
- Communicate with team members and clients through meetings, email, and other communication tools to ensure alignment and efficiency in completing work
- Develop marketing/advertising campaigns in advertising and marketing automation platforms such as Google/Facebook Ads and HubSpot.
- Evaluate & analyze performance of marketing/advertising campaigns to identify and implement modifications to improve performance
- Create and present reports to team members, leadership, and/or clients.
- Write strong copy for ads, emails, web pages, etc... to engage the client’s audience
- Write briefs to engage the Creative or Development departments on specific deliverables
- Keep project management tools updated with specific tasks and their related metadata (eg. estimate hours, due date, etc..) and ensure any task you’re associated with is complete and moving forward
- Work within each client’s assigned scope as well as consider and suggest out-of-scope disciplines & strategies that will aid in achieving success for each given client
Here’s what you’ll have
- General knowledge of our core Digital Marketing service offerings such as:
- Online advertising - buying / bidding on inventory, creating compelling ads, and analyzing performance in-platform. Particularly with Google and Facebook
- Search engine optimization - helping sites show up on Google and other relevant search engines
- Email marketing - writing and scheduling emails for an interested audience
- Marketing automation - ability to segment lists and create basic workflows
- Content creation - developing attractive content that engages audiences
- Conversion rate optimization - simplifying website experiences
- Analytics reporting - creating reports in making sense of website data
- Working knowledge of data integrations
- General knowledge of effective team & client communication & workflow
- General knowledge of business acumen
- General knowledge of leadership principles
- Thorough knowledge of workflow management & optimization
- 4 years of college coursework or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 2+ years of digital marketing experience working in similar platforms/service lines
Here’s what we offer
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- 8 Weeks Paid Family Leave
- Health Insurance options w/ Employer Contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Matching
- Flexible Work Hours
- 13.5 Paid Holidays
- Weekly Training
- Monthly Mentorship Meetings
- Casual Dress Code
- ...and more! Ask us about our favorite benefits!
Here’s where to learn more:
WebMechanix is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by law.
U.S. Residents only