Welcome to another episode of Three Minute Marketing, where we interview some of the world’s best and brightest growth marketers, usually across different channels.
I’m super excited today to have Casey Carey here with us. Casey is the CMO of Kazoo HR, a disruptive HR and recruiting platform. Before, in his previous lifetime, he had a long career leading marketing initiatives for some of the biggest brands in tech, including DoubleClick, Google, Marketo, and Adobe. So basically, Casey is an absolute badass.
Many B2B brands are hot on using intent data. Many are just dabbling and it’s not a major influencer, but I asked Casey if he could tell us about how he’s been using intent data so far and the impact that it’s having currently on his marketing programs.
This is the exclusive “extended cut” video:
- Intent data is not an incremental approach; it’s disruptive to B2B.
- First, his company started by bringing data in and getting into a rules-based lead scoring model.
- This helped Casey inform outbound SDR sequences.
- His company saw a 3x bigger response and connect rate with this approach.
- Casey saw the value of lead scoring, but he also realized that anything incremental isn’t scalable.
- He came across 6Sense, a great tool that helps reorient your business around an account-based model that asks you to consider the buying stage of the account as it relates to the buying stage of the individual. This helps you to create more focused marketing campaigns.
- Kazoo uses a swarm strategy: reaching out in display; activating that data in LinkedIn, email, outbound sequences; and pushing that data into Google Ads.
- If you’re dabbling in or considering intent data, pick just one or two use cases. If it works, scale it up.
Bonus discussion after recording:
- Casey sells multiple products, so having intent data keywords allows his company to customize outreach.
- Intent data is about categorizing your site’s content. When a prospect consumes content, it shows up as intent data under that category.
- Third-party data can be very informative in lead scoring.
- Once a prospect racks up a certain number of points, they get routed to the business development rep.
- They usually look at data in the last 30 days.
- Casey sees 15 to 30% account view-through rates on average.
- You can take all that data and put it in a predictive model to see what opportunities are most likely to open in the next 90 days.
- You can use 6Sense to build custom segments and activate those segments on other ad platforms, like Google Display.