Welcome back to another exciting episode of “3 Minute Marketing”, where we tap into the minds of some of today’s most brilliant growth marketing thinkers & share their best learnings with you.
Today, I have Scott Baradell with me (CEO at Idea Grove). Scott leads a PR firm that’s doing some innovative work re-imagining the role & impact of PR for B2B tech brands. He’s excited because he’s soon going to be launching a new book called “Trust Signals” (trustsignals.com), which talks all about using PR to build a brand in the modern era.
My question for Scott is, “What does the future of PR look like as you see it?”
This video is the exclusive, “extended cut” video.
- The future of PR is all about securing trust at scale — without trust, lead gen & growth marketing efforts will hit the barren ground.
- It’s not just about “media relations” — PR will use all the tools of modern marketing to build trust across all touchpoints in the customer journey.
- There are 3 categories of trust signals to measure & optimize…
- Category #1 = website signals (like Better BB seals, team photos/bios, etc.)
- Category #2 = online (offsite) signals (like social media profiles, review sites, etc.)
- Category #3 = SEO signals (like quantity/quality of your backlink profile)
- PR will serve as the upfront “relationship building” that fuels the success of the “last mile” (AKA lead gen/demand capture programs)