Welcome back to a fresh episode of “3-Minute Marketing”, the podcast where we dive deep into the minds of some of today’s most successful marketers to surface their best tactics and strategies.
Today, I have the pleasure of talking with Niki Hall, CMO at Contentsquare. An experienced marketing leader in tech, Niki recently joined the company to help take this fast-growing company to the next level. This made me curious what marketing leaders can do to maintain or even accelerate the momentum of a brand that’s already on the rise.
So my question for Niki is, “Dive into this concept of the speed of growth. What are the important factors of growth that marketing leaders should consider along the way?”
This video is the exclusive, “extended cut” video.
- While speed is critical for growth, it’s not sustainable without a well-defined vision & strategy.
- A better approach is to have a sense of urgency, aligned to your purpose as a marketing organization. This keeps you from becoming reactive & focuses your team on what matters.
- Coach your team for success. Niki uses tools like StrengthsFinder to assess her team & guide them to areas where they can make a big impact.
- To take Contentsquare global, Niki tasked regional teams with having deep, “inside-out” knowledge of their region. She then created “centers of excellence” for performance & growth, brand, comms & social media with the functional expertise to help enable the regional teams to hit their pipeline targets.
- To measure the effectiveness of the Contentsquare brand, Niki leverages the “voice of the customer” by sourcing qualitative & qualitative customer wins.
- CEOs are by-and-large numbers-driven. To prove the value of the brand, you need to find data that tells the story of the impact of the brand on the business. Google trends or branded search impression volume can be good metrics to consider for this.
- Niki leans heavily on Contentsquare to drive wins across her marketing org. (which makes her an excellent evangelist for the product!)