Welcome to the latest episode of “3-Minute Marketing”, the show where we ask the greatest marketers of our time to reach into their treasure chests and reveal their best marketing gold.
Today, I’m thrilled and honored to be speaking with legendary growth marketing genius Udi Ledergor, CMO at Gong. For those that don’t know yet, Udi is the marketing mastermind that helped Gong become the de facto leader in the revenue intelligence category and grow to a $1B+ valuation.
My question for Udi is, “What are your top 5 secrets for marketing success?”
This video is the exclusive, “extended cut” video.
- Secret #1: Strategy before tactics. Ignore the “shiny objects”
- Secret #2: Don’t produce anything you wouldn’t want to consume.
- Secret #3: Start outbound on day 1.
- Secret #4: Never compromise on the people you hire.
- Secret #5: Don’t obsess about measurement. Instead, do what feels right for the brand.
- Bonus Tip #1: Learn how your CRO “takes their coffee.”
- Bonus Tip #2: Use a conversation intelligence tool to get insight from your sales team, customers & competitors.
- Bonus Tip #3: To build your strategy, first define your goals. Then reverse engineer your success.
- Bonus Tip #4: Humanize your marketing to connect with your customers.
- Bonus Tip #5: Set aside 10-20% of your budget to place “bets” on intuitive plays that are harder to measure.