First, while our client seemed to be doing all the right things in its campaigns – targeting the right keywords, using localized landing pages, creating compelling offers – it simply wasn’t working as effectively as they needed.
They had implemented all the standard “best practices” for their landing pages (form on the right, benefits on the left, a headline on top) but their conversion rates remained lackluster. This damaged the bottom line. Cost-per-sale was on the rise, and lead flow was on the decline.
Second, our client had been using Salesforce to easily measure close rates from incoming calls and leads. However, from a marketing standpoint, they had no insight into which non-branded ads and keywords were driving sales from their PPC campaigns. Perhaps more importantly, it was impossible to measure return on investment (ROI) or understand what terms were profitable and which were bleeding budget.
Our strategy consisted of two core components:
- Revenue-level attribution and optimization
- Testing a “flip-the-funnel” approach that would turn “best practices” on their ear.
Compared to the old variation over the same time frame, our new landing page:
- Increased the total number of leads by 448%
- Decreased the cost-per-lead by 48%
- Increased number of appointments generated by 200%
- Increased campaign revenue by 211%
- Decreased cost-of-sale from 13% to 10.55%
In short, our campaigns increased both revenue AND profits for our client – all while providing an even better, more satisfying online experience for customers.