- Designed by:
- Hardly Square
- Developed by:
- Constant Contact, Twitter, Facebook
38 North is a website devoted to informed analysis of North Korea.
The purpose of this project was to perform a full redesign of the 38 North website (in conjunction with the US-Korea Institute at SAIS website) to refresh its existing content structure and graphical look in order to better connect with their target personas and facilitate content management for internal teams.
We teamed up with Hardly Square who rebranded 38 North and designed the new site; while we developed it with the following features:
- Mobile-friendly and mobile-first responsive design, to work on devices of various sizes
- Integration with social media services
- A simple-to-use CMS (WordPress) for updating site content, documents and downloads
- The ability for users to submit service or product request forms, with attachments
- Easy email newsletter signup and campaign management via Constant Contact
- Standards-compliant, utilizing PHP and W3C validation
The site houses LOTS of frequently-updated content. In our discovery inventory process we counted around 200 posts and 400 pages. One of our primary challenges was reorganizing the site’s Information Architecture (IA) and content into intuitive post types and taxonomies.