- Collecting Resumes
- Elkridge, MD
- UX & Design
Want to make the web a better place? This gig’s for you…
WebMechanix is looking for a web/graphic designer with a specialty in CRO & UX. With ample room to learn and be creative in a fast-growing, relaxed company, you’ll feel right at home as a part of the design and development team.
While working alongside the marketing and development teams, this person will be responsible for creating and modifying graphics for the web. You must be able to juggle multiple types of projects for the web, handle deadlines, and still push creativity. You’ll be given the chance to learn while on the job, attend webinars, and possibly go to conventions.
There may be times where print collateral will be needed for internal marketing purposes but 95% of the time you’ll be creating for the web.
In addition to the above, you’ll also be responsible for:
- Designing graphics ranging from banner advertisements to full websites
- Offering insight on a website(s) design to other members of the team
- Working closely with developers to ensure designs fit within development best-practices
- Creating marketing collateral for networking events
- Ensuring proper adherence to branding guidelines
- 3+ years of design experience for the web, agency experience preferred but not required.
- Intimate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign CC)
- Experience using Google Analytics, tracking conversion data
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and how websites work
- Able to put together cohesive wireframes for a website using a program such as Axure
- Knowledge of best practice mobile and tablet UI design
- A passion for understanding and implementing top-notch UX
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in gSuite or MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong sense of typography, colors, and applying overall branding
The following items are not necessary to be considered for the position but they are a bonus:
- Sketch / Figma
- Experience using WordPress
- Knowledge of responsive websites
- Experience designing around grid systems such as: (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc…)
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Web Design
- Illustration skills
Compensation will vary based on experience and passion.
Other benefits and perks:
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Paid health/dental/vision insurance
- 401k with competitive matching
- Unlimited vacation and paid time off
- “Beer Fridays” and randomly catered lunches
- Casual dress and work environment
- Flexible scheduling and telecommuting
- Awesome team of cool and kind people to work with
WebMechanix is an EOE/AA employer. We encourage M/F/V/D to apply.