Front End Web Developer
- Elkridge, MD
- Development / UX & Design
WebMechanix is seeking a skilled front-end web developer to join their rapidly growing Design & Development department.
The Front-End Web Developer’s role is to work with designers, back-end developers and marketers to design and build custom website creative both internally and for WebMechanix clients.
Skills & Experience
- 2+ year professional experience as a web developer
- LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) stack experience
- Understanding of web page user interface and development best practices
- Understanding of designing and building for cross-browser compatibility
- Great interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Extreme attention to detail is a must.
The items below are not required, but are a plus:
- Intimate knowledge of developing custom themes for WordPress
- Experience with responsive & mobile first development practices
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SASS/LESS, AJAX, jQuery
- Holistic understanding of how the internet works (dns, hosting, servers, etc..)
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (HubSpot, Marketo, etc..)
- Experience with version control and code repositories (BitBucket, Github, etc…)
- Web tracking software (Google Analytics, Coremetrics, etc…)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will vary based on experience and passion.
Other benefits include:
- Project-based bonuses
- Professional & personal learning & development
- Paid health/dental/vision insurance
- 401k with competitive matching
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- “Beer Fridays” & randomly catered lunches
- Casual dress & work environment
- Flexible scheduling & telecommuting
- Awesome team of cool & kind people to work with
WebMechanix is an EOE/AA employer. We encourage M/F/V/D to apply.
We DO NOT accept applications or resumes for positions via email. Please follow the instructions below to be considered for this position.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Complete any additional application requirements that are sent to you via email.
- If qualified, a WebMechanix team member will contact you to setup an interview.